5' x 8' Cargo Trailer
Your moving and storage rescue.
U-Haul 5' x 8' Cargo Trailer Rentals
Call us today for more information. 1-800-678-2459
Find our location
for convenient pick up and drop off!
Our most economical and popular trailer.
- Inside dimensions: 8' x 4'8" x 5'4" (LxWxH)
- Door opening: 4'0" x 4'10" (WxH)
- Lowest deck
- Softest ride
- Padded rub rails
- Holds queen size Bed
- Volume: up to 208 cu. ft.
- Max load: 1,800 lbs.
- Gross vehicle weight: 2,700 lbs. max.
- Empty weight: 900 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- The curb weight of your tow vehicle must exceed the weight of the loaded trailer.
- In order to tow, your vehicle must be equipped with an adequate hitch system and lighting connections. Your hitch system includes the receiver hitch, ball mount and ball. The overall rating is determined by the lowest rated component of the three. How to determine your hitch system rating. (pdf)
- Must have 1-7/8" or, 2" hitch ball (2,000 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- The allowed cargo in this trailer will be calculated based on the curb weight of your vehicle and the lowest rated component of your hitch system.
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.