CONTRACTOR GRADE ice control performance Rugged one-piece poly construction.
- Materials: Sand and Salt.
- Available body side lengths: 7' and 8'.
Product #: NA
LOWEST SHIPPED PRICE IN THE COUNTRY
Coverage You Can Count On
The two-piece poly hopper cover shields de-icing material from the elements. The Tornado spreader's overlapping hopper design seals out moisture while molded water grooves direct runoff away from the hopper. When opened, the covers form a spill guard to keep overflow material out of your truck.
- The two-piece poly hopper cover shields de-icing material from the elements. The Tornado spreader's overlapping hopper design seals out moisture while molded water grooves direct runoff away from the hopper. When opened, the covers form a spill guard to keep overflow material out of your truck.
Dual Electric Motors
- Two instant-start, 12-volt electric motors provide quiet, reliable and independent control over the conveyor and spinner mechanisms. The spinner motor is sealed inside a weather-resistant housing, protecting it from corrosion.
Dual Electric Motor Control
- Enhanced dual variable-speed control allows you to precisely match material delivery and spread pattern to conditions.
- Four standard accessory buttons and a dedicated blast button provide optimum in-cab efficiency.
- Easy-to-understand, digital self-diagnostics alert the operator when the hopper is empty or when adjustments are needed, and LEDs make the controls easy to read.
- Its compact size compared to traditional controls fits easily into today's modern truck cab designs.
- The one-piece, double-walled hopper is built of durable polyethylene for corrosion-free performance, whether using rock salt, calcium chloride, sand or any other type of de-icing material.
- One of the widest in the industry, the 16 1/2" pintle chain conveyer delivers reliable, smooth, and consistent material flow to help reduce bridging. The corrosion-resistant stainless steel conveyor housing provides added protection and reliability.
- An extra large 15 1/2" polyurethane spinner delivers a spread pattern of up to 40' and provides long-lasting, corrosion-free performance.
- Conveniently connect accessories directly into the fully enclosed accessory hub mounted in the back of the hopper. Accessories automatically integrate with the hopper control without having to run additional wires from the front of the truck.
Dump Button & Work Light
- Located at the rear of the hopper, two dump buttons run the conveyor for easily unloading excess material or quickly filling a walk-behind or tailgate spreader.
- Controlled by a third button, an accessory work light can be attached to illuminate the area at the rear of the spreader for better visibility when operating the dump buttons or working at the back of the hopper.
- The adjustable-height poly drop chute accommodates both pickup truck and flatbed applications, ensuring a proper spreading height. The entire drop chute is easily removed for off-season storage.
Adjustable Feed Gate
- An adjustable feed gate controls the amount of material flowing from the hopper to the spinner to regulate material flow.
- The standard coated steel top screen helps break up large chunks of de-icing material during the loading process to help prevent clogging and bridging during spreader operation.
- With the drop chute removed, the Tornado hopper spreader can easily be removed from the truck and the entire unit stands on end to minimize the space needed for storage. Support blocks are required for off-season storage.
Additional Standard Features
- Before removing the drop chute, the operator can conveniently access the electrical disconnect for easy removal.
- A Center High-Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) is standard to meet FMVSS requirements.
- Tie-down loops are built into the hopper for additional stability.
- The drop chute housing provides a molded-in alternate license plate location.
- The Striker hopper spreader is designed with FLEET FLEX technology for easy interchange between electric hopper spreaders without having to change the wiring or the controls.
*Feature available on dual electric motor models only.
Affordable financing programs for Western, Fisher and SnowEx, Snow Plows and Salt and Sand Spreaders, designed for In-State and Out-of-State residence.
Contact us for more information on all these finance options, 309-662-5344.
*Customer must be present in Bloomington, IL to complete financing and take delivery of Product.
90 Days Deferred Payment
COMMERCIAL PROGRAM DETAILS
CONSUMER PROGRAM DETAILS
Application for Credit
Please print and complete the form and submit to QTE by one of the following.
After application is approved, must be able to provide a signiture in person at our location.
First Choice for Snow Plow Professionals
For over 60 years WESTERN® has been leading the plow industry by providing top-quality snowplows and ice control equipment. For more than six decades the WESTERN brand has been the first choice for snow plow professionals with revolutionary technology, expertise in the plowing industry and state of the art manufacturing capabilities.
Located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, WESTERN is the leading manufacturer of CONTRACTOR GRADE® plows. WESTERN offers snow equipment for heavy-duty and standard-duty commercial snow plowing, institutional, extended-use homeowner and municipal snow removal operations. We have a full line of snow plows, and a variety of hopper and tailgate-mounted ice control sand and salt spreaders, in addition to our full line of snow plow parts and snow plow accessories
Leaders in the Snow Plowing Industry
The focus at WESTERN is to build equipment that helps our customers succeed and give them a competitive edge in the market. As leaders in the snow plowing industry we are at the forefront of changing technology, to better meet our customers needs and wants. WESTERN stays in touch and in tune with our customers to develop solutions and deliver snow equipment that gets the job done right, the first time! As part of a lean manufacturing strategy, WESTERN is able to react quickly to changing requirements and customer needs. WESTERN also proactively pursues environmental responsibility throughout the manufacturing and procurement process, voluntarily making sustained efforts to exceed compliance requirements.